05 January 2011

From Two to One

November 27th, 2010. First it seemed like a date far in the future, then it rushed from the future to the present in no time at all. There was so much activity for a few days! The day of the wedding itself was clear and beautiful, and I don't know how but everything happened the way it was supposed to. I think. 

Our memories from that day will last a long time thanks to the photography skills of my dear friend Kassy Shimotsu, and her husband Scott. I wish I could post every picture they took, but instead I'll try to pick the best - which is difficult because they're all good. So, without further ado, please allow me to present: the first batch of wedding pictures.

Getting ready in the bathroom at the church
 



My sister helped me to put on my underskirt, which I forgot to put on before the actual dress  =)
Didier's beautiful sister, Silja

Didier's other beautiful sister, Sophie, probably laughing at me getting dressed

Laura assisting me with my shoes



A bridesmaid's bouquet 



We took pictures outside! It was cold and there was snow all over the place, but it was a lot of fun. These are some of my favorite pictures. 

My husband is so handsome!





More official pictures will come in the next post. And just wait for the pictures of the reception! There are still a lot to show. But this will at least get us going.  

6 comments:

  1. LOVE these!! Can't wait to see more. And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    Your email was forwarded from Jorgen to Julie to me. It was wonderful to see your pictures! I look forward to learning more about life in Switzerland. I'm glad you'll be living in the German-speaking part of the country; it should be a great help in learning the language.
    Love, Torunn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, my daughter!!!
    What joy!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torunn,
    I'm so glad you found the blog! I included you in a note about it on facebook, but maybe you don't spend much time on there. =) I miss you... keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna... I love those shoes, too. They are so much better than the "wedding" shoes I looked at.

    ReplyDelete