09 February 2013

The Baby!

So, the newest member of our family arrived a bit sooner than I expected, and I never did that New Year post I talked about. But baby pictures are more interesting anyway, right?

We went to the birth house on January 9th, and Geneviève was born in the wee hours of the morning on January 10th, weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz. The birth house experience was absolutely fantastic! The midwives there are so kind and extremely competent, and most of them speak very good English. I had a water birth, which was wonderful, and we were able to stay a couple of days at the birth house before going home.


Not the best picture - we brought our camera to the birth house but forgot the memory card somehow, so Didier took this with his cell phone.

There are several cooks who come to the birth house to make meals for whoever is there recovering from a birth, and every meal they served us was DELICIOUS.

Our little burrito. Hmmm, can you tell this was taken with a better camera? Didier's mom and dad helped us buy a really good one so we can take better pictures of this little cutie. Now we just have to remember the memory card...

My mom came to visit for two and a half weeks and was such a blessing to us, doing laundry and cleaning and cooking and letting Didier and me rest.

The proud father.



Ever-so-slightly cross-eyed, and wondering what is going on. With her round face and big feet (which I don't have a picture of yet) I think she looks like a baby hobbit.

I can't believe this little person is one month old already! The other day Geneviève was testing out a few facial expressions and I managed to capture them with the camera.




Possibly my favorite.










3 comments:

  1. I love every one of those faces!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!!! Congratulations to all of you!!
    Love from the Zucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am seeing a bit more Erne than Pemberton, though some of those snarkfaces are definitely Pemberton derived!

    ReplyDelete